6IXTHinWWII

Armor Hobbies SdKfz 250

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Armor Hobbies SdKfz 250

Post by dti62 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:38 am

Hello guys,

I'm looking to purchasing a Armor Hobbies SdKfz 250 soon, not looking to do a whole lot of mods to it. But using it as a transport vehicle for troops, if some mods needed then yes. The outside is what I'd like to detail more so then the inside, paint job, etc.....

But the big question is, I really need to know the Pros and Cons on this vehicle( Armor Hobbies) even before thinking of purchasing it. Is the plastic strong enough, hard to do little mods, tracks are the correct type and so on. I know that there are guys who do an excellent job on scratch building them with all the details of interior and exterior, an mind you, they are truly "amazing" works of art. I'm not even close to that, I just want it for the exterior for photos use. Alittle detailing will not hurt....??

So, let me know what some of you think about that, an I'll go from there.......

Thanks guys for your input, Thumbs Up
Ken
dti62

View user profile http://kdirving62@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Armor Hobbies SdKfz 250

Post by mutt71 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:58 am

Ken, I am a huge fan of the Armor Hobbies 250. I have one and would love to get another. I have had NO issues with the plastic, so far and my kit is several years old. The exterior is fine. I know that Monkey Depot has them on sale for $99.00 plus shipping I believe. I hope that this helps!
Jack
mutt71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dti62 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:05 pm

Jack,

That's were I'm looking at to purchase it. So in your words, get it...!! lol
Have you done any mods to yours yet, an if so, any problems.
dti62

Back to top Go down

Post by mutt71 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:40 pm

I did everything I could get my hands on for it. ALL OUT as some would say. I had NO issues with it. None at all. I have it in a current US Army footlocker without the trays in it and the fit is perfect! I say go for it, my friend!
mutt71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mutt71 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:43 pm

By the way, I am going to get another and some of the spare parts, so I can make an SDKFZ 11(?) Like Armor Hobbies made several years ago, that I can never find to buy!
mutt71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ostfront43 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:23 pm

A must have for any german collector. A great kit and wth the likes of panzerwerks, armorpax, armorguy, and soon 6th icons/field of armor to add the extras on makes detailing easier.
Ostfront43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halftrack1 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:45 pm

The 250'3 are a great addition to anyone's fleet of vehicles. Just remember some are better than others plastic wise. the older one seem to be much better than the new releases. just had a grim reminderance of this fact. went to move Maureen the other day and both front wheels just snapped right off. Had moved Rana this way countless times and nothing has broken off to date. You just have to be careful.
Halftrack1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dti62 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:13 am

[quote="Ostfront43"]A must have for any german collector. A great kit and wth the likes of panzerwerks, armorpax, armorguy, and soon 6th icons/field of armor to add the extras on makes detailing easier.

That's great that 6th Icons/FOA are combining together, that's really good news that someone is going to keep Mike's works going. It would have been really sad to the 1/6 community to let his creations just fade away. I've been checking that out on the 6th Division site. Just waiting until we can purchase some of the items in need.
dti62

Back to top Go down

Post by mutt71 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:57 pm

I had to call Loic Anthiam yesterday for help with the bridging kit that came with my Sdkfz 251C-7. I thanked him for having acquired 6th Scale Icons. He said that he had just picked up most if not all of the stock over this past weekend. He told me that they were cataloging all of it, but, that their first priority is the Tiger I parts for their Tiger Kit. There are many items that I want for myself, but, I can wait.
mutt71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GeorgeKlayer on Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:55 am

I got mine for 20 bucks, now that sounds like there are things wrong with it but no its in good shape and it has an AT gun on it!
GeorgeKlayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top