6IXTHinWWII

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

6IXTHinWWII
6IXTHinWWII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annual "Battle of the Airfied" was held this weekend in Stow MA

Go down

Annual "Battle of the Airfied" was held this weekend in Stow MA Empty Annual "Battle of the Airfied" was held this weekend in Stow MA

Post by mutt71 Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:04 pm

This was held at the HQ of the Collings foundation this weekend. Yes, this is where Jacques Littlefield's Armor Collection is going to (A LOT of it is there already), I left my house at 0600 and got there a couple of hours later. I checked my camera batteries, they were fine. Checked and reformatted my media card in the camera as well. Once I got there, I set about to the two camp (Axis and Allied) and started taking photos. After taking a handful, the batteries went dead! I was really not someone to be around after that. So, I am going to go to friends and ask permission to copy their photos to post here. I am still seething over this. I can tell you what I saw there, The Stug IIIG was there, a repro Stug IIIG from SPR was there, 2 Complete Flak/Pak 88's and associated equipment as well as a huge German searchlight and Generator set, THE huge Krause Maffei halftrack used in the Dirty Dozen movie was there as were a converted OT-810, a SDKFZ 10, Kubels, Schwimmers, Motorcycles and trailers were, in addition there in addition to assorted German and American artillery of every kind was there as well as so many GI vehicles were there. M-4's, M-22 Locust, M-5's, Various US Halftracks with weapons mounted, etc, GMC Trucks, Dodges, Jeeps and trailers... I could go on and on and would still forget some things that I saw there. To say that this was all overwhelming, would be an understatement!
mutt71
mutt71

Back to top Go down

Annual "Battle of the Airfied" was held this weekend in Stow MA Empty Re: Annual "Battle of the Airfied" was held this weekend in Stow MA

Post by mutt71 Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:12 pm

Here is a link to the Collings Foundation event.
Collings Foundation

Here is a Facbook link to some photos posted on Facebook today:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mutt71
mutt71

Back to top Go down