6IXTHinWWII

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

6IXTHinWWII
6IXTHinWWII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SS Coveralls used.....

4 posters

Go down

SS Coveralls used..... Empty SS Coveralls used.....

Post by dti62 Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:42 pm

Question,

How likely did the SS Camo Coveralls, bend into the Infantry if needed( meaning seeing Infantrymen with them on or over their uniforms). An if so, would there be any photos that prove this....??
The reason for asking is, by me sitting and not able to walk like one would like too. Looking at my figures, came up with this ideal of what it would look like for one of my SS figure to try on this Camo Blurred Autumn Coverall. What I'm think about is, it reminds me of the SS figure that was made by Cal-Tek's  German 10th SS Panzer Division Frundsberg figure.

But the question is, how likely did that happen or if it didn't......
To bad I can't get up stairs to show you exactly what I'm talking about on the computer. Crying or Very sad
If someone can answer that question, it would be helpful.

Last edited by dti62 on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add wording)
dti62
dti62

http://kdirving62@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

SS Coveralls used..... Empty Re: SS Coveralls used.....

Post by Halftrack1 Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:15 pm

Ken, I guess a Infantry guy could have acquired a set from a tanker. The camo coveralls were primarily used by Tankers. I have a lot of photo references to them being used by them and a few armored car crews. But hay if the sub leathers made there way into the tank crews then why not the coveralls that were camo to the Infantry guys

On a lighter note. How's the recovery going, great I hope. Do you think that you will be able to join Scott and myself for the redo at the museum in mid Oct for the redo of the one table for the Battle of the Bulge set up.
Halftrack1
Halftrack1

Back to top Go down

Post by dti62 Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:53 pm

I kinda thought that there may have been some of them seen in the Camo Coveralls. Anything could have happen or be wore back then.....
I'll try an get up stairs, and take some photos of my figure dressed in one. An to the question of me making  it out there.....
The answer would be NO, I had "MAJOR Knee Surgery". I'm not even able to walk without a walker, let alone drive anywhere.
It's going to be quite sometime before I'm able to leave my home to go places. But thanks for asking. Very Happy

I'm hoping to be starting Physical Therapy by mid Oct or later. It's takes awhile to heal, before therapy.
dti62
dti62

Back to top Go down

Post by Ostfront43 Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:40 pm

Off topic, but mentioned about a "redo at the museum in mid Oct for the redo of the one table for the Battle of the Bulge set up".  Is this at the Alburn, IN WW2 museum? Or where else is it? I'd love to see a BotB set-up.
Ostfront43
Ostfront43

Back to top Go down

Post by dti62 Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:10 pm

This is in St.Clair Shores, MI.
dti62
dti62

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozak1944 Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:16 am

Here are some photos of 12. SS-Panzer-Division Hitlerjugend form Normandy. At least 4 soldiers are wearing coveralls in the italian camouflage:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

They're not tankers. They are from SS-Panzergrenadierregiment 25 (armoured infantry). Here's another one from Normandy (the same divison and regiment):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(with guitar)

He's wearing coverall in Platanenmuster camouflage.

So when making the figure I would stick to Normandy and Hitlerjugend because SS high command wanted the whole division to be fitted with camouflage so they got plenty of different camouflage - even old pre-war and early war patterns. And it's very likely that its infantry got more tanker's coveralls.
Kozak1944
Kozak1944

Back to top Go down

Post by dti62 Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:07 am

Kozak,

Thanks for information reply, those photos look great. When I get a chance to get to the computer, I'll show what I put together with mine.
Again thanks you. Thumbs Up
dti62
dti62

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozak1944 Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:16 am

Your're welcome.
Kozak1944
Kozak1944

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down