6IXTHinWWII

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

6IXTHinWWII
6IXTHinWWII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War....The Great Emotional Disconnect

4 posters

Go down

War....The Great Emotional Disconnect Empty War....The Great Emotional Disconnect

Post by SLICK7 Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:52 pm

This story has a heavy theme. I actually got the idea from the series on the AHC - D-Day to Victory. The story that inspired me was about a GI that barely knew the name of his new foxhole mate when he left to get the mail. On his way back their area of the Hurtgen Forest came under heavy artillery fire. When he was knocked from his feet by a burst a package to his new mate broke open. It contained cakes. He thought to himself, I might as well eat them because he will be dead when I get back anyway. the newbie was dead when he got back. He said he never knew or maybe just couldn't remember the guys name. I tried to capture the emotional disconnect that war causes with this dio.

A private in the 28th finds himself lost while on mail detail. The rest speaks for itself.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SLICK7
SLICK7

Back to top Go down

War....The Great Emotional Disconnect Empty Re: War....The Great Emotional Disconnect

Post by Halftrack1 Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:30 pm

Slick, this is a perfect little Dio. The shoots location really sets the mood. Loved the whole aspect of the dio.
Halftrack1
Halftrack1

Back to top Go down

War....The Great Emotional Disconnect Empty Re: War....The Great Emotional Disconnect

Post by dti62 Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:57 pm

Only when the Mailman rings....

Slick, this is a cool looking oudoor Dio. I really like the packages you created.  Very Happy
dti62
dti62

http://kdirving62@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by korpikuus Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:51 pm

Awesome Dio! Great work!
korpikuus
korpikuus

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUdJB7AehyuhX0D7uAtsVjg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down