6IXTHinWWII

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

6IXTHinWWII
6IXTHinWWII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newly aquired DID Sdkfz 251C Erika

+3
Halftrack1
dti62
mutt71
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Newly aquired DID Sdkfz 251C Erika - Page 2 Empty Re: Newly aquired DID Sdkfz 251C Erika

Post by Threetoughtrucks Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:08 am

Jack:
Sorry to hijack your thread with the talk of my carts but, as you know, my mancave space is limited and the roll around carts let me easily move the carts away from each other and the wall space behind them.

Charlie
Threetoughtrucks
Threetoughtrucks

Back to top Go down

Newly aquired DID Sdkfz 251C Erika - Page 2 Empty Re: Newly aquired DID Sdkfz 251C Erika

Post by mutt71 Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:45 am

Charlie, this was not a hijack at all. It was one thing leading into another one. I'm good with it. No harm, no foul.
mutt71
mutt71

Back to top Go down

Post by dti62 Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:51 am

This is  what I like to see, guys showing respect to one another. We're going to go far with this style of respect. Way to go guys...!!  Bravo
dti62
dti62

http://kdirving62@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mutt71 Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:46 pm

I agree Ken. We all seem to be like minded people. THAT is what like. I do believe that I should treat everyone with respect and as I would want to be treated. That's just the way I was brought up. I am sure that you guys were as well.
mutt71
mutt71

Back to top Go down

Post by mutt71 Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:43 pm

I have put most of the bridging equipment together and mounted them onto the 251. I really like how it looks now with them mounted. I have painting to do after some research into the bridging itself to find where pieces that I have left, actually go to. The directions were not very much help, so I will do the research myself. I pickled up 6 bottles of Tamiya XF-60 for the base coat. The rest of the paint is ready to go as well. I will post pics tomorrow.
mutt71
mutt71

Back to top Go down

Post by egonzinc Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:30 am

The DID 251 was the vehicle that showed me that I could not manage heavy vehicles. One day around 3am, I guess the long hour clouded my better judgement, and iI moved the vehicle, which was ona 2'x4'piece of plywood, and I carried it and moved it by grabing the plywood... my back did not like the procedure.
That is why I like the DML and Callanta models so much. I can carry a Tiger I , easily.
I got a couple wheeled platforms from Home Depot. I use them to roll the heavy vehicles around.
My heaviest vehicle right now, is the Nashorn I got from GermanBilly. I need my wife or my son for major moves. To adjust the angle while setting up, I can straddle the vehicle and move it by myself.
And the weight is not only a problem once finished. It is a big problem to get the model detailed, painted and weathered.
Even relatively smaller models like the Horsch, is VERY heavy. I have no idea what metal they use on these vehicles, but it rusts easily and weighs a lot... probably the cheapest metal is the heaviest.

egonzinc

Back to top Go down

Post by mutt71 Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:31 am

I fully appreciate the weight of the metal vehicles. I even have issues with my Callanta Stog IIIG, which I fell onto not once, but twice. I do not move anything larger that a Sdkfz. 250 now, without help. With me it's not my back, it's my heart, that is never going to be any better than it is now. Best wishes for your back.
mutt71
mutt71

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2